March 22nd, 2010
As a health sciences student or medical professional, you know that a balance of good nutrition and regular exercise is vital to your well-being. Sex itself is good exercise, but to work your way up to the advanced lover group, there are other workouts you can do. For more stamina, flexibility, muscle control, and the ability to master new positions, check out our list of 10 exercises for the best sex of your life.
- Aerobics: Running, cardio workouts and any aerobic activity are good exercises for building up your stamina, which is obviously a key factor if you want to have good sex. Additionally, aerobic exercise can help put you in the mood, as it helps you deal with stress, and increases blood flow throughout the body. Experts recommend working out for 30-45 minutes per day, three days per week, if you want results in the bedroom.
- Kegels: Kegel exercises are easy to do and can be done at any time, but they result in all kinds of benefits for sex, pregnancy, stress incontinence, urge incontinence and uterine prolapse. Do your Kegels for better sex by contracting your pubococcygeal (PC) muscles for 10-20 seconds and then releasing them. For women, Kegel exercises result in easier-to-reach orgasms, and they can help men last longer in bed.
- Bench presses: Men who want to be able to support their partners and keep up their stamina during the missionary position should consider amping up their bench press workouts. A strong chest, arms and shoulders will mean you’re less likely to cramp up or switch positions.
- Pelvic lifts: This exercise can prove beneficial for men and women. They can be done as a way to increase your libido just before sex, but pelvic lifts also strengthen the core and pelvic muscles, while also stretching out your back.
- Wide Straddle Forward Bend – Yoga: Yoga is often touted as a sensual workout routine that heightens your own confidence, libido and flexibility while forcing you to concentrate on your breathing and body movements. The Wide Straddle Forward Bend pose is especially good for increasing blood flow to the pelvic area and strengthening pelvic muscles, preparing them for stronger orgasms. Follow the link for a how-to guide for the Wide Straddle Forward Bend.
- The Butterfly Stretch: This is another exercise that also alleviates urinary problems and labor pains, but is often done to improve sex. It’s essentially the traditional butterfly stretch, but is most beneficial when performed as you lie on your back
- Crunches: Crunches are a popular exercise that improve posture, support your back, tone your tummy and even help your sex life. If you like to switch positions often and try advanced moves, having a strong set of abs — which help support the back — will make it easier for you to twist and bend with more smoothly.
- Cobbler’s Pose – Yoga: Another specific yoga pose that’s good for prepping your body for sex while working out other muscles is the Cobbler’s Pose. It’s credited with relieving anxiety and irritability while boosting energy and working out the uterus. It’s similar to the butterfly stretch, but you’ll need to slightly curve your back inward as you lean over your lap.
- Martial Arts: Martial arts and MMA improve agility and greatly increase strength of muscles all over the body. You can also do martial arts to boost your endurance levels. This guide also explains how the closed guard sit ups exercise works out your PC muscles. Think of it like the ultimate Kegels exercise.
- Lower-body strength training: This exercise isn’t just about building endurance or strengthening your legs: it’s about learning how to control your muscles, particularly your abs, legs and pelvic muscles. Try doing four reps of squats three times each week.
Leave a Reply
Mail (will not be published) (required)