August 3rd, 2010
Nursing education is an ongoing process. Even if you’re enrolled in a nursing school, your learning should extend beyond the classroom. You can stay tuned in to nursing any time by just following these Twitter feeds for nursing students.
Health & Nursing News
Find health and nursing news on these Twitter feeds.
- @NYTimesHealth: Find warnings, vaccines, and other health articles from the New York Times.
- @health: Follow @health for news from Health News Blog.
- @msnbc_health: Find health headlines from MSNBC.
- @HealthHive: @HealthHive has live health news.
- @AmJnurs: You’ll find relevant articles for nurses on the American Journal of Nursing tweets.
- @WebMD: Find valuable health information from @WebMD.
- @DiscHealthPR: Discovery Health offers links and discussions on health topics.
- @medlineplus4you: Medline Plus has the latest news and information on health and medicine.
- @goodhealth: @goodhealth features Health Magazine.
- @digg_health: See what’s popular in health news from @digg_health.
- @NEJM: Read tweets from the New England Journal of Medicine.
- @AmerNurse2day: American Nurse Today is the official journal of the American Nurses Association.
- @NursingTimes: Read this feed about news and opinions from Nursing Times.
- @NPRhealth: Check out this Twitter feed for the latest health news.
- @CDCemergency: Get prepared for and respond to national public emergencies with @CDCemergency.
- @WSJHealthBlog: This blog offers an excellent source for health and healthcare news.
- @WorldwideHealth: @WorldwideHealth is an alternative medicine and health hub.
- @cnnhealth: Find the latest health headlines here.
Check out these Twitter feeds to find resources for your nursing career.
- @GetNursingJobs: @GetNursingJobs has jobs, careers, and community.
- @RNsearch: @RNsearch is an online career concierge for nurses.
- @NursesJobs: @NursesJobs tweets tips and job listings for UK nurses.
- @NursingJobsPlus: Find the nursing job you’re looking for with @NursingJobsPlus.
- @Nursingjobcast: You will stay up to date on nursing jobs with @Nursingjobcast.
- @onwardhealth: Find nursing and physical therapy jobs with @onwardhealth.
- @TexasNurseJobs: Find nursing jobs throughout Texas with @TexasNurseJobs.
- @WorkingNurse: Check out Working Nurse to find articles and jobs for nurses.
- @trustaff: @trustaff places nurses in facilities nationwide.
- @rnjob: Read this feed to find out how to become an RN and find nursing jobs.
- @travelnursejob: TravelMax Nursing is a travel nurse staffing agency for direct placement and travel nursing jobs.
Learn about nursing from those who teach it best.
- @HeatherRN: Heather is a nurse educator.
- @HarvardHealth: Harvard Health discusses the latest in news and developments.
- @UTMedSchool: Follow UT’s medical school to stay on top of research and more.
- @sumedicine: @sumedicine has tweets from one of the nation’s top medical schools.
- @harvardmed: Check out @harvardmed to find research and faculty clips.
- @SarahStewart: Here you’ll find tweets from a health professional and educator.
- @vusm: @vusm shares the official tweets from the Vanderbilt University School of Medicine.
Follow along in the nursing school experience with these nursing student Twitter feeds.
- @CTStudentNurse: Irene is a soon to be nursing student.
- @Kat_SN: Kat is a nursing student from North Carolina.
- @MyRoadtoRN: Be nice to Hope-she might be your nurse someday.
- @NurseKarma: @NurseKarma is a mom, wife, and nursing student.
- @HeatherErhard: Heather is going to school for nursing and works at Children’s Hospital Los Angeles.
Information & Resources
Check out these Twitter feeds to find nursing information and resources.
- @nursingideas: @nursingideas has ideas and passion for improving nursing.
- @Ausmed: @Ausmed shares health care education and learning tools for nurses.
- @nursingbooks: @nursingbooks highlights the best nursing books out there.
- @minoritynurse: @minoritynurse has career, education, and health resources for diversity in the nursing community.
- @diseaseaday: Learn about a new disease every day on @diseaseaday.
- @DermNursing: This institute is an educational forum for nursing practice and patient care.
- @NurseJobsUSA: Read this feed to find fresh nursing job listings.
- @freenursetutor: @freenursetutor has free educational tools for nursing students and instructors.
- @InformedNurse: This is the Twitter page for the RN Pocket Guide.
- @druginfo: This community shares drug related questions and stories anonymously.
Learn from these nurses on the front lines.
- @Emergiblog: Kim McAllister discusses emergency nursing.
- @linda_miner: Linda is a nutritionist and wellness guide.
- @GeekNurse: This engineer turned into a psych RN.
- @JennaMahanayRN: Jenna tweets about nursing, health, and more.
- @podmedic: Jamie Davis is an RN paramedic, educator, podcaster, and speaker.
- @Nicurnmama: Laura somehow manages to juggle being a NICU nurse with motherhood.
- @TeriRN: Teri specializes in hospice travel nursing.
- @ernursek: Nurse K is your friendly neighborhood ER nurse…who is also critical.
- @mrsmc: This nurse likes bourbon.
- @interponurse: This nurse works in healthcare information technology.
- @marandalee: @marandalee is a SuperNurse.
- @PMRN: @PMRN is a PM and RN.
- @KenBBavier: Ken is a critical care RN and Duke alum.
- @crzegrl15: Here you’ll read about the life of a flight nurse and Commander in the US Army Reserve.
- @NurseForHealth: Suzan is bringing back the DO NO HARM philosophy of medicine.
- @ChristianNurse: @ChristianNurse points out news and resources for Christian nurses and more.
- @nursemidwife: Angel is a Certified Nurse Midwife specializing in health and wellness.
- @karlaRN: Karla is an RN, mom, and grandma.
- @shototsu: Alicia left IT to become a nurse.
- @impactednurse: Ian Miller works in the ER of a teaching hospital in Australia.
- @nursepickle: @nursepickle offers her perspective on nursing.
- @NurseDan: Dan Weberg is an ER nurse with a masters in healthcare innovation.
- @humglum: @humglum works as a prison nurse.
Get the official word from these organizations and institutions.
- @NurseJanIAm: Jan is an oncology RN working for the California Nurses Association.
- @happyhospitalis: Explore a happy hospital through this Twitter feed.
- @NIHforHealth: Read this feed for updates from the NIH.
- @NationalNurses: @NationalNurses has tweets from National Nurses United.
- @mayoclinic: Find news, articles, and more from the Mayo Clinic.
- @aorn: @aorn offers tweets from the Association of Perioperative Registered Nurses.
- @whonews: Find out about pandemics, outbreaks, and world health from the World Health Organization.
- @MedSurgNurses: Follow the AMSN for adult health and medical surgical nurses.
- @FutureofNursing: @FutureofNursing discusses solutions for improving quality and patient care.
- @NotesOnNursing: @NotesOnNursing offers the Hartford Foundation’s look on health and medical issues for older adults.
- @AmerMedicalAssn: Check out the AMA’s tweets about the latest health issues.
- @AmbCareNursing: Follow the AAACN for tweets about excellence in ambulatory care.
- @MedicalConnect: Read tweets from the Worldwide Medical Association here.
- @RedCross: Find safety tips and more from the American Red Cross.
- @connectedhealth: @connected health works on delivering quality patient care outside of the traditional medical setting.
- @ANNAnurses: ANNA advances nephrology nursing practice.
- @LIVESTRONGCEO: Doug Ulman is the President and CEO of Livestrong.
- @WebMD_Blogs: WebMD shares a variety of health information.
Fun & Community
Experience the lighter side of nursing in these feeds.
- @FunnyNurse: Here you’ll find a humor magazine for nurses.
- @nurseuncut: Nurse Uncut is a site for nurses, by nurses.
- @allnurses: This nursing community has more than 416,000 nurses connected.
- @WhatNursesDo: Read this feed to find out what nurses do.
- @medxcentral: @medxcentral is a healthcare social networking service.
- @NursesDailyDose: Read this Twitter feed to find funny nursing anecdotes.
Check out these Twitter feeds to learn about health care reform.
- @2healthguru: Gregg Masters is a health system reformer.
- @michlr: Michael Rosseel became a nurse to change healthcare through care redesign and e-learning.
Leave a Reply
Mail (will not be published) (required)