May 16th, 2011
Whether it’s due to career, infertility, or simply personal choice, many women these days are becoming moms later in life. So many are first-time moms in midlife, with different concerns and needs than that of their younger counterparts. Read on to learn about 40 blogs written by and for moms in midlife.
- Nurture: Nurture offers a collection of stories for new midlife mothers.
- Antique Mommy: This mom had her first and only child at nearly 44, and prefers to be called “antique.”
- First Time Mom Over 40: This blogger became a first time mom at 42, and highlights other women who have given birth after 35 and 40.
- My Year of Spending Less and Living More: Follow this blog to learn about a midlife mom on a financial mission.
- Midlife Mom: Rebecca Haynes discusses navigating the teen years and beyond as a midlife mom.
- Home on the Range: On this blog, a midlife mom shares her love on the Maine wilderness, her family, and horses.
- In Sock Monkey Slippers: Read this blog for musings from a midlife mom wearing sock monkey slippers.
- Mid Life Mommy: Danielle feels as though she was woken up to life as it was meant to be when she had her daughter.
- MidAge Mom: Midlife meets motherhood on Jennifer Bingham Hull’s blog.
- In the Mind of a Thirtysomething Mom: On this blog, you’ll look into the thoughts of a thirtysomething mom.
- MomAgain@40: Karen is a mom with a two year old and a teenager over the age of 40.
- Just a Minute Mom: Just a Minute Mom is all about life as ordinary, middle aged moms of tweens, teens, and beyond.
- Tiramisu Mom: Tiramisu Mom shares her life as a thirtysomething mom, including bathing suit shopping for the formerly hot.
- Motherhood Later Than Sooner: Motherhood Later Than Sooner is written for moms with more life experience than baby experience.
- Mothering in the Middle: Mothering in the Middle shares news and resources for new midlife moms.
- Midlife Mom: Melissa Lee shares her random thoughts as she becomes a mom in her forties.
- Musings of a Middle Aged Mom: Lisa shares her life as a mom of twins and mother in law.
- You Can Get Pregnant in Your 40s: This blog discusses how you can get pregnant at age 40 or even beyond.
- Infertility Blog: Dr. Licciardi’s blog offers help for those who have trouble conceiving.
- Pregnancy Over 44: On this blog, you’ll read stories of pregnancy and birth past 44 years old.
- A Baby Boomer Woman’s Life After 50: Find out what this mom’s life is like after 50.
- Fertility Blog: Follow this blog for information about fertility, IVF, and TTC.
- Midlife Army Wife: Read this blog about a new midlife Army wife and homeschool mom.
- 999 Reasons to Laugh at Infertility: If you’re having trouble conceiving in midlife, laugh at infertility with this blog.
- New Midlife Mommy: This blogger discusses becoming a midlife mom after fertility.
- Kat Wilder: Kat Wilder is a divorced single mom in midlife.
- Confessions of a Mean Mommy: Denise writes about her thoughts on becoming a middle aged mom.
- Midlife Mama: This 40ish single mom shares her life with her daughters on this blog.
- The Midlife Woman: The Midlife Woman discusses home, family, food, and blogging.
- Mom to the Screaming Masses: Carmen is a middle aged mom to 6, and yes, she knows how it happened.
- Adventures of a Middle Age Mom: Darlene writes about being a middle aged mom to two teens, and almost being done with the daily heavy lifting job of being a mom.
- Refresh Moments: Mary Pielenz Hampton is a midlife mom turning the daily into devotion on her blog.
- Diaries of an Older Mom: Deborah Owensby Moore loves to discuss her life as an older mom.
- Ponderings of a Middle-Aged Mom: Read this mom’s thoughts on life, family, and everything in between.
- The MisAdventures of an (almost) Midlife Mom: This mom is ready to take on midlife-almost.
- Diary of a Middle Aged Mom: Carrie’s blog takes a look at the life of a middle aged mom.
- My So-Called Midlife: Karina Bland writes about meatloaf cupcakes, the blessings of insomnia, and other joys of midlife motherhood.
- Flower Power Mom: Flower Power Mom shares the truth about after-40 motherhood.
- Digital Mom Blog: Written for moms of any age, this blog is great for modern moms with careers.
- Pregnancy Stories by Age: Read these pregnancy stories of women in their 40s and beyond.
Leave a Reply
Mail (will not be published) (required)