May 11th, 2010
With studies estimating that as many as 1 in 100 people in the United States today have celiac disease, the need for more gluten-free education, products and medical advice is essential. Whether you or someone you love needs a gluten-free diet, blogs can be a great place to find recipes, information and support, so check out the list we’ve compiled here that are the best of the gluten-free web.
News and More
Through these blogs, you’ll find the latest news on gluten-free living as well as ideas on how to eat well and more.
- Gluten Free Blog: Here you’ll get access to recipes, news, event information, products and a whole lot more.
- A Gluten-Free Guide: Learn what foods on the market are gluten-free, get tips for living with celiac disease and watch instructional cooking videos on this blog.
- free from (gluten): Blogger Lucy shares her tips on going out to eat, cooking and shopping here.
- Gluten-Free Cooking School: Not sure how to even begin cooking gluten-free? This blog can give you some help.
- The Gluten Free Post: Get the latest news on gluten-free products of all kinds here.
- Gluten-Free and Celiac Disease: This blog will link you to some of the best gluten-free news from across the web.
- Gluten-Free Fun: Check out this site to learn how to have fun while staying gluten-free.
- The Essential Gluten-Free Blog: Try out this site to learn how to eat out without ingesting gluten.
- Delightfully Gluten Free: Learn about some of the myths associated with gluten, leading a healthy gluten-free lifestyle and find loads of recipes on this blog.
- Kitchen Therapy: This blog is home to a large number of recipes, but also contains news on books and gluten-free living as well.
- Gluten Free Blog: Check back with this blog regularly to read news about gluten.
- Gluten-Free Inspired: Find out about local community events, new cookbooks and all kinds of other news about living gluten-free on this site.
- Gluten Free Works: Nurses and nutritional experts are here to guide you to a better gluten-free life on this blog.
Gluten Free Foods and Products
Make shopping a cinch with help from these product-focused blogs.
- Udi’s Gluten Free Foods: This blog will help you learn how to cook with Udi’s flourless dough.
- Gluten Free Travel Blog: Learn how to travel and eat well without letting a gluten-free diet slow you down.
- Gluten Free Food Reviews: Read reviews of the best and worst in gluten-free products here.
- Gluten-Free Bay: Here you can find products and recipes for kosher gluten-free eating.
- Gluten-Free Snacks for Me: Learn about Riceworks products from this blog.
- The Gluten Free Insider: Kinnikinnick Foods, a premier gluten-free manufacturer, shares the inside scoop on their products through this blog.
Learn from these bloggers who have loads of advice and information to share on gluten-free eating.
- Gluten-Free Girl and the Chef: You’ll find a great selection of high-quality recipes on this site as well as instructions that will help you become more adept in the kitchen.
- Aprovechar: Blogger Sally Parrott Ashbrook shares her ideas on living with food allergies, including gluten, on this blog.
- Ginger Lemon Girl.com: Here you can read the posts of southern girl Carrie as she cooks up gluten-free treats.
- Gluten-Free in Los Angeles: This blogger shares experiences cooking and eating out in Los Angeles.
- Gluten-Free Katie: Check out this blog for tips from a gluten-free girl living in DC.
- Milk for the Morning Cake: Here you’ll find the blog of a homeopath and nutritionist detailing her life with celiac disease.
- The Crispy Cook: Get ideas on cooking with the seasons all while avoiding gluten from this blogger.
- Gluten-Free Vegan: This blogger avoids all animal products and all gluten products. Learn how here.
- Oklahoma Celiac Gluten Free Blog: Even if you don’t live in OK, you can find helpful tips and information here.
- Gluten Free Mike: This New York City celiac shares his journey on this blog.
- Gluten Free Frenzy: This site is full of contests, information and general fun stuff about gluten-free products and cooking.
Not sure what you can cook that’s gluten-free? These blogs are chock full of delicious recipes to try.
- Gluten-Free Goddess: This blog is full of amazing gluten-free recipes.
- Elana’s Pantry: This blogger proves that going without gluten doesn’t mean going without taste.
- I Am Gluten Free: You’ll find recipes and more on blogger and celiac Ellen’s blog.
- Book of Yum: Find excellent vegetarian, gluten-free recipes here.
- Gluten-Free Baking 101: Baking without gluten sounds hard, but this site proves it’s actually much easier than you think.
- gluten a go go: Love to cook but hate gluten? You’ll find helpful recipes here to help you resolve the issue.
- Gluten Free Gobsmacked: This blogger shares all kinds of recipes that don’t go anywhere near gluten.
- The Lilac Kitchen: Whether you want desserts or main courses, Esther shares recipes here.
- Rachel’s Recipe Box: Mom Rachel shares her recipes that are perfect for keeping her and her family happy, healthy and well-fed.
- Simply… Gluten-Free: Learn to celebrate the multitude of things you can still eat while living gluten-free on this blog.
- Simply Sugar and Gluten-Free: With recipes for things like carrot cake, pasta, soup and more, this blogger’s recipes make it easy to go gluten-free.
- Gluten Free for Good: You’ll get access to recipes for every course on this site.
- Hey, That Tastes Good: Shocking as it might be for some, this blogger aims to prove that gluten-free food doesn’t sacrifice deliciousness.
- Heather Strang: This blogger shares her recipes for gluten-free, dairy-free and low-sugar dishes.
- Gluten-Free Cooking: This About.com blog offers tons of recipes and information about gluten-free cooking.
If you’ve got kids or other family members that need to avoid gluten, these bloggers can help you figure out what to cook that will make everyone happy.
- Jen’s Gluten Free Blog: Two moms share their recipes for gluten-free meals here.
- Gluten Free Mommy: Learn from this blogger how to keep your family happy without eating tons of gluten.
- GLCF Mommy: This mom will teach you about her efforts to exclude gluten from her autistic son’s diet.
- The Gluten-Free Homemaker: This mom will teach you how to cook gluten-free recipes your whole family will enjoy.
- Our Gluten Free Family: On this site, you’ll get tips on how to help your family make better nutritional choices, including leaving out the gluten.