A Nurse Practitioner is a Registered Nurse (RN) with advanced academic and clinical experience
able to diagnose and manage most common and chronic illnesses. Nurse Practitioners are able to prescribe medications in most states. They work closely with a practicing physician to provide comprehensive,
individualized care for the lifespan of patient’s healthcare
Nurse Practitioners focus largely on health maintenance,
disease prevention, counseling and patient education in a wide variety
- Nurse practitioners certificate or a master’s degree.
- Must be a registered nurse and have extensive clinical experience
- Nationally Board Certified in specialty area based on RN
licensure and state authority for advanced practice.
- Familiar with advanced concepts, practices and procedures
within chosen field of expertise
- The expected salary for a typical Nurse Practitioner is between
$60,000 and $75,000, based on education and experience.